Sunday, May 17, 2009

Modern Jedi NLP

What is the favorite thing I have learned so far and why?
As of right now, learning the basics of NLP is great. Specifically, I really enjoy learning about sub-modalities. I find it fascinating that our brains automatically organize our perceptions. Even better, is having the understanding that we can change our perceptions and therefore change our lives.

What is my favorite Definition of NLP?
NLP is an attitude and Methodology that leaves behind a trail of techniques.

When you were in elementary school what did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing that now? If not what stopped you? If your are doing that what was the key that kept you on target?
I have always found this a peculiar question simply because what I wanted to be as a child is not realistic, and as far as a presupposition goes, I only made the best decision I could given that I was 7. Still, I wanted to be a ninja or a commando. Some of my favorite movies were with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sly Stalone, Steven Sagal, Jean Claud Van Dam, and Bruce Lee. I understand being a ninja is not a real career. However, today I do enjoy the fighting industry.

What is the RAS?
RAS stands for the reticular activating system. The RAS is responsible for allowing people to process information by deleting, generalizing, and distorting input.

List the most important prime directives of the unconscious mind.
1. Does not process negatives
2. Works on the principal of least effort
3. Is symbolic
4. Takes everything personally
www.modernjedi.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Josh,
    Awesome start! Each of the questions would work as a full, separate blog post of about 250-500 words.

    I guess I should have been a bit more specific about what I'm looking for. For example the most important prime directives of the unconscious mind are all written in red in the manual...but imagine someone comes to your blog who knows nothing about NLP.

    The idea is for you to be able to explain these concepts to them.

    One nugget of an idea at a time.

    In blogging it's an excellent practice to do one blog post per day because google likes it!

    So if you could take each of the 5 questions and do a fuller seperate blog post of each that would be more along the lines of the assignment.

    Also number 11 on the quiz-a-rooni needs to be done as well.

    Couple other thoughts:
    1. if you could add "NLP" to your title that will help and have it lead be specific... so that when someone searches and it comes up in google it will be easier to identify. so instead of "Week One with Modern Jedi" a better title would be
    "Modern Jedi NLP - Definition of NLP"
    the next post might be:
    "Modern Jedi NLP- Prime directives of the Unconscious mind."

    Does that make sense?

    2. if you could create a live link back to http://modernjedi.com that would help us both as well.

    This is an absolutely great start and it will enable you to truly integrate what your learning in ways that will enable you to attract clients and opportunities you can't even yet imagine!

    let me know if you have any questions.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete